Pastor Floyd dives deep into each of the goals of the church and adds Worship & Music to the list.
- to apostle’s doctrine – I Tim 4:13, 2 Tim 4:2, 2:2, 2:24
- fellowship (koinonia) – Acts 6:1
- breaking of bread – Acts 2:46-47
- prayer – Acts 12:1-4,5,11-13,16-18, I Thes. 5:17, 25, II Thes. 1:11, 3:1
- worship & music – Eph 5:19 and Col 3:16
Blessings, but without obedience. Comfort, but without sacrifice. Happiness, but without repentance. Many church leaders today communicate pleasant, positive, inspiring messages. In fact, their services are bulging with people who want to hear these promises! Their message, though, is only half of the gospel—and half of the gospel is no gospel at all. From a distance it looks like real Christianity, but it’s not. It’s weak and powerless. It’s attractive, but it can’t accomplish God’s ultimate purpose to radically transform lives. It’s fun to go to a church where everything is positive, but this is a “lite” version of the Christian faith. It focuses on the grand and glowing promises of blessing, but it overlooks the requirements of courage, obedience, and sacrifice.
Click the Link to Listen to the Sermon