The purpose of this not-for-profit organization is the teaching of the Word of God, the administration of the New Testament ordinances and commands, the spiritual growth of it’s members, and the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this community and worldwide.
1. We accept the Bible (66 books of the Old and New Testaments) as our authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe that God is the author and that He inspired men to write the Bible.
II Tim. 3:16,17 ; II Peter 1:19-21 ; Matt. 5:18 ; John 17:17
2. We believe there is only one God and that He exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, and that he took on a human body through the virgin birth.
Ex. 20:2 ; Deut. 6:4-5 ; Matt. 28:19 ; Eph. 2:18 ; Col. 1:16 ; II Cor. 13:1
3. We believe that Satan was an angel created by God, who is now leading a rebellion of men and fallen angels against God.
Matt. 4:1-11 ; II Cor. 4:4 ; Rev. 20:10
4. We believe that God directly created everything that exists in the way described in Genesis chapter one.
5. We believe that God created Adam and Eve perfect and sinless and that they died physically and spiritually by choosing to disobey God. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and therefore are separated from God and are dying physically.
Gen. 3:1-6 ; Rom. 1:18-32, 3:10-19, 5:12, 5:19
6. We believe that God created men and women distinct and unique to fulfill different roles in life, that God instituted the marriage relationship to be a man and a woman united for life.
Gen. 2:23-24 ; Eph. 5:22-23 ; Rom. 1:18-32
7. We believe that eternal salvation is a free gift of God’s grace that can only be received by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus’ death on the cross was a payment for our sins.
Eph. 2:8-9 ; John 3:16 ; John 10:28 ; John 14:6 ; Acts 4:12 ; Rom. 5:1 ; Rom. 5:17 ; Rom. 6:23 ; II Cor. 5:21 ; Eph 1:7 ; II Tim. 1:9 ; Tit. 3:5 ; Heb. 10 ; I Pet. 2:24 ; I John 2:2
8. We believe that a local church is an organized group of baptized believers whose purpose is to lead people to follow Christ. We believe that each local church has the right to govern itself.
I Cor. 11:2 ; Acts 20:17-28 ; I Tim. 3:1-13 ; Acts 2:41-42
9. We believe that men should live separated, holy, and pure lives. We believe that each church should separate from false teachers.
Rom. 12:1-2 ; II Cor. 5:14-15 ; Jas. 2:17 ; I Pet. 1:15 ; Eph. 4:20-32 ; II Cor. 6:14-7:1 ; I Thess. 1:9-10 ; I Tim. 6:3-5 ; Rom. 16:17 ; II John 9-11
10. We believe that Christians should obey Christ by observing two ordinances: Baptism and Communion
Acts 8:36-39 ; Acts 10:44-47 ; John 3:23 ; Rom. 6:3-5 ; I Cor. 12:13 ; Col. 2:12 ; I Cor. 11:23-28 ; Matt. 28:18-20 ; Matt. 26:26-29
11. We believe that the Holy Spirit gives ministry gifts to all believers for the edifying of the church and that not all gifts given to the early church are still given today.
Eph. 4:7-12 ; I Cor. 12-14 ; Rom. 12:4-8 ; Acts 2:43 ; Acts 5:12 ; Acts 6:8 ; Acts 8:6 ; Heb. 2:3-4 ; Eph. 2:20 ; I Tim. 5:23 ; II Tim. 4:20
12. We believe that God established human government and that we should honor and obey except in that which is contrary to the Scriptures.
Rom. 13:1-7 ; II Sam. 23:3 ; Ex. 18:21,22 ; Acts 23:5 ; Matt. 22:21 ; Acts 5:29 ; Dan. 3:17-18
13. We believe that God chose Israel as his people and will fulfill all his promises to that nation.
Gen. 13:14-17 ; Rom. 11:1-32 ; Ezek. 37
14. We believe that Christ could return at any moment to meet his church in the air. We believe that Christ will be king on earth for 1,000 years after a seven year period of tribulation.
Dan. 9:24-27 ; I Thess. 4:13-18 ; I Cor. 15:42-44, 51-54 ; Phil. 3:20,21 ; Rev. 3:10 ; Matt 24:29-31 ; Luke 30-33 ; Isa. 9:6,7, 11:1-9 ; Acts 2:29,30 ; Rev. 20:1-4,6
15. We believe that all unbelievers will be judged and cast into the lake of fire forever. We believe that all believers will be resurrected to be with Christ forever.
Luke 23:43 ; Rev. 20:4-6 ; I Thess. 4:16 ; II Cor. 5:8 ; Phil. 1:23 ; Luke 16:19-26 ; Rev. 20:12-15 ; Dan. 12:2